- Telephone 0131 225 4804
- Opening times Sun–Thu noon–3pm; 5.30–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–3pm, 5.30–10.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm.
- Average price £10 (set lunch); £26 (evening meal)
- Website www.nokskitchen.co.uk
Pocket-sized restaurant in Stockbridge, with a reputation as one of the best places for Thai in Edinburgh.
This cute wee Stockbridge restaurant is fast building a reputation as one of Edinburgh's better places for Thai food – which means booking is more or less essential as there aren't that many tables. They aren't reinventing the wheel here – there are the usual offerings of salads and soups, appetisers, dishes from the wok, and rice and noodle options, plus a range of curry specialities with vegetables, shin beef, chicken or prawn. Their pad Thai with vegetable and tofu (chicken or prawn are available too) is fresh and delicate, served with their special tamarind sauce. They describe their cooking as containing a 'cloud of fresh herbs' and there's certainly plenty of holy basil packing a punch in many dishes.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15 per bottle