- Telephone 0131 225 4804
- Opening times Sun–Thu noon–3pm; 5.30–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–3pm, 5.30–10.30pm.
- Food served Mon & Wed–Sun noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm. Closed Tue.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.nokskitchen.co.uk
Thai restaurant in Stockbridge with chefs who have more than ten years experience cooking authentic, Thai food.
Nok’s Kitchen is a cute little Thai restaurant down a cobbled lane, just off the main drag in Stockbridge. They're not reinventing the wheel here – there are the usual offerings of salads and soups, appetisers, dishes from the wok, and rice and noodle options, plus a range of curry specialities with vegetables, shin beef, chicken or prawn. Their pad Thai with vegetable and tofu (chicken or prawn available too) is fresh and delicate, served with their special tamarind sauce. They describe their cooking as containing a 'cloud of fresh herbs' and there's certainly plenty of holy basil packing a punch in many dishes. But be warned, it's very popular with the locals (you’d be hard pushed to find a table even for a midweek dinner) so best to book ahead.
- High point: Good cooking, cute location
- Low point: Hard to get a table
- Notable dish: Pad Thai
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: N/A
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle