Former market stall venture now with a permanent shop in the Grassmarket, dishing up raw, vegan food, coffee and cakes, while catering to other dietary needs.
Billing itself as Edinburgh’s freshest café, Pumpkin Brown sees the clean eating trend firmly establish a foothold in the capital. Its beautifully creative menu is all gluten-free, dairy-free, raw and vegan. Don’t be surprised to see customers clicking away with their cameras before digging into the colourful butterfly smoothie bowl, presented like a work of art. Seasonal salads include pad thai, packed full of carrots, peppers, salad leaves and courgette spaghetti and seasoned with a gloopy almond butter and soy dressing. The amazing thing is you can follow that up with a chocolate raspberry vanilla slice, totally guilt-free.
- High point: Clean culinary creativity
- Low point: Wi-Fi is a human right for vegans too
- Notable dish: Butterfly smoothie bowl
- Delivery: Deliveroo and their own online deliveries
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Contemporary pop/rock
- Capacity: 12
- Open since: 2016