Juicy Lucy's Burger Company
Looking as slick as any chain, this home-grown operation does handmade burgers to order, with meal deals and go-big options for their extensive range of burgers.
This new kid on the block is a great example of an urban culture mash up, merging old Glasgow and new with its hip, gourmet burgers at bargain prices. Part take-out, part diner-style, this corner burger bar has spectacular views of the Tollbooth and is frequented by a curious mix of indigenous Gallowgate worthies and students who have sussed out just how tasty – and cheap – the food at this offbeat venue is. There’s a soul-food vibe to the food here with numerous deep-fried delights available like loaded potato skins with bacon or macaroni croquettes – which are compulsively moreish. On the burger front, a panko-breaded chicken fillet is crispy and covered in a fantastically fiery sauce that will set your senses alight, or the more traditional bacon cheeseburger, so succulent and tasty it leaves behind the greasy fingered, slightly dirty feelings that only a really great burger can. Add a bottomless soda, rosemary salt fries and perky service from the friendly staff and it seems Juicy Lucy’s might just have nailed the ideal burger experience.
- High point: Fantastic value burgers
- Low point: Heating needs turning up on cold Glaswegian nights
- Notable dish: Hot and fiery panko chicken burger
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: pop indie - they play music of whoever is playing at the Barrowlands
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2016