- Telephone 07753 742550
- Opening times Mon & Tue 7.30am–4pm; Wed–Fri 7.30am–5pm; Sat & Sun 9.30am–5pm.
- Seasonal times Open later during the festival in 2016, times for 2017 to be confirmed.
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9.30am–5pm.
- Average price £6 (lunch)
- Website www.bababudan.coffee
Hip coffee shop and 'donutterie' serving drinks, breakfast, baking and freshly made lunches under the arches near Waverley Station.
Part of a raft of hip new businesses regenerating the Waverley Arches, this self-styled ‘donutterie’ offers coffee, breakfast, lunch and, er, doughnuts just a couple of minutes away from the train station. Coffee is sustainably sourced from Coffee Collective in Copenhagen and many ingredients come from local suppliers, with food cooked from scratch in the bespoke kitchen next door. All the doughnuts are made in-house and change daily, with over 40 different varieties in the kitchen’s repertoire – the Earl Grey option is surprisingly light and refreshing with not a hint of stodge. The breakfast menu includes an immense bacon and egg roll, smoky, runny and with plenty of crusty bread to contain it all. Live music on Sundays adds to the chilled-out vibe, making it a good spot to escape the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Folk, reggae, rock and chillout
- Live entertainment: Live acoustic music sessions every Sunday, 3–4.30pm, Mix of original material and covers, blues, americana, folk, Senegalese jazz.
- Capacity: 15 (10–12)
- Open since: 2016
Reviews & features
How to experience the magic of the Edinburgh Fringe in 24 hours1 Aug 2018
If you only have a day to spend and are looking for some fun, we've got you covered
It's the biggest arts festival in the world and it transforms the city of Edinburgh during the month of August. Over 50,000 performances of over 3000 shows took place in 300 venues last year. 'How do I begin to work my way through this titanic…