Annabel's Bar & Restaurant
- Telephone 0141 942 4278
- Food served Sun–Thu 7.30–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–9.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–5pm
- Average price £17.95 (set lunch); £28 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £17.95
- Website www.boclairhousehotel.co.uk
The recently refurbished Grade B-listed Boclair House Hotel in Bearsden is the setting for this lavish art nouveau-inspired restaurant serving up modern Scottish cuisine.
Boclair House Hotel, overlooking Bearsden, is a former council building which hasn’t so much been refurbished as completely re-invented. A stunning refit throws emphasis on dramatic exterior archways and interior characterful rooms including a grand ballroom and a sparkling bar and restaurant lined with polished wood, bookshelves and classical brass highlights. It’s here we find Annabel’s, a nicely pitched formal room that has the air of a stately library. Starter of seared tuna boasts a quality piece of fish sliced into small medallions, easily holding its fresh and juicy flavour amid edgy dabs of wasabi, lime and sweet mango – an excellent, well-balanced creative dish. From the mains, tender pork fillet comes with salt-baked celeriac in pool of vanilla and blackberries, a mix of fruity sweetness that adds depth to the meat. Puddings are lively, too, with a standout candidate in the coconut and lime panacotta attended by a bright and buzzing green tea ice-cream. The restaurant, which also offers a cracking tasting menu, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their big Sunday roast is deservedly popular, too.
- High point: Grand, stately surroundings
- Low point: Only 4 wines available by the glass
- Notable dish: Seared tuna
Annabel's Bar & Restaurant sits within the beautifully restored Boclair House Hotel in Bearsden, Glasgow. The hotel offers the utmost in luxury and elegance, which extends to the comfortable and intimate feel of Annabel's with its plush red velvet decor and dark wood interior. Annabel's Bar & Restaurant welcomes visitors, who can experience everything from drinks, cocktails, coffees, afternoon teas, relaxed lunches and evening meals, and exquisite fine dining.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 10/25
- No. overnight rooms: 12
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz, light easy listening
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £22 per bottle