Organic Delicious Café
- Telephone 0131 629 9861
- Opening times Mon–Fri 9am–5pm; Sat 10am–5pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Seasonal times Longer hours in the summer.
- Food served Mon–Fri 9.30am-4.30pm; Sat 9.30am–5.30pm; Sun 10am-4pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch)
- Website www.organicdeliciouscafe.com
Café serving an entirely organic and vegetarian menu, with a strong emphasis on local and healthy produce.
The Organic Delicious Café in Morningside serves an entirely organic and vegetarian daytime menu, with a strong emphasis on local and healthy food. The clean and bright interior, with pale creams and French greys, natural wood and vibrant greenery, reflects the café’s healthy ethos. All menu items are adaptable for those with special dietary requirements, and many of the handmade sweet treats are both gluten-free and vegan. While more seasoning and spice would enhance the lentil soup, the matcha green tea balls bear testimony that healthy and nutritious can also be delicious. A blend of cacao butter, coconut and cashew, sweetened with pure maple syrup, provides a wickedly rich, white chocolatey ball of goodness; the perfect accompaniment to a fragrant verbena and mint loose-leaf tea. For a nutritional boost, an array of smoothies and juices are on offer, and kids can choose from their own appealing healthy menu.
- High point: Plenty of gluten-free and vegan options
- Low point: Some dishes a little pricey
- Notable dish: Matcha green tea balls
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 60s and 70s retro music
- Live entertainment: Story telling and local musicians.
- Capacity: 25
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2016 April