This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
A welcome presence in the culinary no-man’s land that is Willowbrae, Shahi Manzil offers innumerable curries – merely reading the menu is a road trip round India – done with aplomb. It's very much a traditional curry house but the food, be it murgh or massala, is reliably good. Fresh spices are very much in evidence and help to elevate its offerings above those produced by many of its peers.
- High point: Decent Bengali dishes from an unprepossessing façade.
- Low point: Solid rather than spectacular offerings
- Notable dish: Grammi chicken
- Delivery: Free delivery for orders over £12
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options
- Open since: 1995