- Telephone 0131 552 5428
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri noon–1am; Sat 2pm–1am; Sun 4pm–midnight.
- Average price £7 (evening meal)
- Website www.granton.javitstakeaway.com
A small chain of local takeaways, covering everything from fish suppers to kebabs to pizzas
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Fast becoming an institution for those living nearby, Javi’s now boasts a burgeoning empire of fast food emporia – with outlets in Gilmerton and Wester Hailes joining the dazzling chrome-plated West Granton original, and a Dalkeith incarnation in the pipeline too. The Granton branch draws in a steady stream of locals, if not attracted to the floor-to-ceiling sparkle then to a menu which covers half the globe – stretching from Newbridge to New Delhi by way of Naples.
- High point: A reliably decent chippie chain
- Low point: More industry than artistry?
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access