This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 629 4044
- Opening times Mon 9am–5pm; Tue–Sat 9am–5pm & 6.30–10pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Food served Tue–Sat 10am–10pm. Closed Sun/Mon.
Neighbourhood café and bistro, serving brunch, lunches, cake and evening menu with BYOB.
The second branch of August 21 (the first is on Causewayside) is a welcome new eatery on this part of Comiston Road. Serving brunch, sandwiches, soup and cakes during the day, in the evenings the candles and wine glasses come out to transform the place into a cosy neighbourhood bistro. A starter of Indonesian-style pork satay skewer is tender and just the right size while juicy lamb chops spiced with cumin are served with a rich rosemary reduction. Many of the vegetables are organic and meat and fish are from Scottish suppliers. BYOB adds to the appeal and there are two off-licenses nearby if you forget to bring your own. If you’re local, it’s a great addition to the area; if you're not, it’s certainly worth checking out if you feel like exploring a new part of town. Friendly service adds to the appeal and it’s ideal for couples, small groups or even first dates looking for casual dining that delivers on flavour.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz/electronica
- Live entertainment: Jazz player for specifics occasions, dinners e.g. Hogmanay
- Capacity: 32 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 32 for private hire
- Open since: 2016
- BYOB: £1.50 wine and spirits, beer no charge. corkage