The Wee Restaurant Edinburgh
- Telephone 0131 225 7983
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–2.30pm; 6–9pm; Fri noon–2.30pm; 6–9.30pm; Sat noon–9.30pm; Sun noon–2.30pm, 6–9pm. Closed Mon. Closed Mon
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu
- Average price £16 (set lunch); £29 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £16
- Website www.theweerestaurant.co.uk
The team behind North Queensferry's much-loved Wee Restaurant take a trip over the Forth to open in Edinburgh.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
A decade on from launching one of Fife’s favourite dining spots – North Queensferry’s Wee Restaurant – chef-proprietor Craig Wood is crossing the Forth to open a sister venue in the city centre. Heading up the new kitchen on Frederick Street, in the premises previously home to Fleur de Sel, is Wood’s former colleague Michael Innes who returns to the capital after a spell in Girona at the much-lauded El Celler de Can Roca as head of production. Expect an extension of the original venue’s ethos, rather than a whole new direction, with a continued focus on great ingredients and simple, well-executed cooking. [not yet open at time of going to press]
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2016 April
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £19.85 per bottle