A more suburban outpost of the cake and tart emporium, with branches in Leith and the Old Town too,
Corstorphine plays host to a more suburban outpost of Mimi's, the cake and tart emporium that also has branches down on the Shore and Canongate. The selection of filling breakfasts, savoury lunches to sit in or takeaway, giant slices of cake smothered in frosting – it’s all there, with attentive staff that will look after your needs, whether you need less gluten, more napkins, no caffeine or extra maple syrup. Gift vouchers are available too, which can come in handy for sweet-toothed friends or relatives, and they do a champagne afternoon tea for two. Traybakes for parties, batches of cupcakes, wedding cakes and gluten and dairy-free options are also available for collection and delivery, via the online bakery. Keep an eye on social media for updates on what’s in the cake cabinet that day, including seasonal specials like the Baileys cream truffle cupcakes for St Patrick’s Day, or banana pancake stacks for Shrove Tuesday.
- High point: Heaven for fans of fancy cakes
- Low point: It can be a long bus ride from the city centre
- Notable dish: Cakes with a Mimi-osa cocktail: Dolce Colline Prosecco topped with freshly squeezed orange juice
- Delivery: Available on Deliveroo, also catering delivery service available for cakes etc
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle