Boardwalk Beach Club
- Telephone 0131 336 2661
- Seasonal times Over summer, open until 8 or 9pm.
- Food served Wed–Fri 10am–4.30pm; Sat 9.30am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Average price £12 (lunch)
This revamp of a neglected building into a fun and funky café space transforms this wee corner of the Cramond foreshore.
This husband-and-wife-run beach café opened in March 2016 and has grown arms and legs since – with a huge outdoor seating area (the original 30 chairs weren't enough – there's now room for 300), and plans to add al fresco barbecue and ice-cream facilities in time for the summer. Due to its very easy-on-the-eye location, down on the shore, looking out onto Cramond island, it's a popular spot for dog walkers, kids on bikes, tourists and general lovers of fresh air. All are made welcome – with 40 dog ties, water bowls and free biscuits for canine customers, sandwich boxes for kids and a menu of stromboli, ciabatta, wraps, panini, bacon on brioche rolls, hotdogs and a soup of the day for everyone else. Breads are from artisan bakers around Edinburgh, cakes are from the people who supply the Harvey Nichols Chocolate Lounge, and they stock a big range of Luca's ice-cream too. Service can be slow on busy days, but you’ll probably be too busy taking in the sea air and views over the Forth to care. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for seasonal opening hours, and news of daily specials and events.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 55 (300 outside)
- Open since: 2016 March
- Number of wines sold by the glass: Unlicensed