- Telephone 0131 260 9748
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.beltedburgers.co.uk
Family-friendly gourmet burger restaurant and bar with guaranteed traceability from field to fork.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
At Belted it’s all about the beef – Belted Galloway beef to be more specific. Following the success of their Carlisle branch and fully traceable field-to-fork principles, the family-owned Belted comes to Edinburgh in spring 2016, laying down stakes in the old Ciceri & Sons workshop on Frederick Street. The underground venue features exposed brickwork, Edison lightbulbs and several humorous nods to the iconic black and white cows on the family farm. Clearly proud of their Scottish heritage, the menu includes haggis balls with whisky mayo and the Bru Burger which sees pulled pork slow-cooked in Irn-Bru with BBQ sauce, atop 100% prime Scottish beef. There are chicken, vegetarian, and gluten-free options as well as the very family-friendly offer of complimentary Ella’s Kitchen baby food. When all the eating is done, you can sidle over to the Pen Bar to enjoy one of the many local craft beers, ciders, draughts and cocktails on offer. [Not open for full review at time of publication]
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Lively popular
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle