Family-friendly burger restaurant and bar with traceability from field to fork.
Belted takes its name from the distinctive black and white Belted Galloway cow. Their burgers aim for the same level of distinction, with options such as the bada boom (beef patty, chilli cheese and tortillas) and the Boston burger (maple bacon and American cheese sandwiched between two doughnuts) on the menu. The choices are wide-ranging and creative but you won’t be turned away if you’re after a simple patty and a bun – the beef is the real star anyway. Starters include wings and halloumi chips, while a classic range of brownies, sticky toffee pudding and soufflés are on the cards for dessert. Style-wise, it’s a jaunt downstairs to a basement with a sports bar vibe and a big screen TV that can pull attention away from the beginnings of ambience. But it does little to dampen the experience; the staff are warm and the food is as well-executed as it is inventive.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/new-town/belted-burgers?day=today&rpos=27&time=ASAP
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: American rock/pop
- Live entertainment: Occasional monthly live band, sport screenings
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle