The Storytelling Café
- Telephone 0131 558 1333
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10am–5pm; closed Sun.
- Seasonal times Open later during the Festival and on performance evenings.
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–5pm; open until 9pm during performances at the centre. Closed Sun.
- Website www.scottishstorytellingcentre.com
Homely, child-friendly café based in the Scottish Storytelling Centre.
This historical building with its connection to religious reformist John Knox pulls in many a visitor on their way down the Royal Mile. A bright, modern extension for the Storytelling Centre also provides an attractive performance space and eating area. The café has had several incarnations over the years and is now run by catering company Saltire, who send fresh bread and patisserie out each morning. A simple but dependable menu of soup, sandwiches, and baked potatoes is good value for money and worth remembering as a handy stop-off in this busy part of town. Homely daily specials such as enchiladas with rice are also tempting. Tables which open out into a larger room with storytelling activities mean that this is an inviting venue for parents with children in tow. Alternatively, window seats make a perfect spot for people-watching with coffee and maybe a brownie or piece of carrot cake.
Warm, child friendly cafe based in the Scottish Storytelling Centre. All the food is freshly prepared on the day and we are proud to serve local Scottish supplier!
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Live entertainment: Storytelling and music etc
- Capacity: 50 (8 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2018 Saltire Hospitality
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £22 per bottle