The Story Café
Homely, child-friendly café based in the Scottish Storytelling Centre and run by local social enterprise Comas.
Now run by Edinburgh charity Comas, The Story Café ploughs all profits back into its social initiatives, helping people in recovery and poverty in the city. An overarching philanthropic approach is reflected throughout, from the wall hangings made by Comas community members to the volunteers helping to run the place. Despite a tiny kitchen, the menu extends to some heartier options as well as the expected baked potatoes, soup and sandwiches. A bowl of dhal is simply cooked but flavoursome, topped with roast peppers and raw spinach leaves. This bright modern space, next to historic John Knox House, will no doubt always be a popular location with families and locals in-the-know as well as tourists trundling down the Royal Mile. It is also a dependable spot for sustenance after or before one of the many storytelling events at this busy centre.
- High point: All profits go to charity
- Low point: Food doesn't come in a hurry
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic
- Live entertainment: Storytelling and music etc
- Capacity: 30
- Open since: 2016 (as Comas Story Cafe)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Events at this venue
International Supper Club
A family friendly supper club held weekly to support local charity, Comas.
Wed 20 Dec
0131 558 1333
- 17:30 – 21:00