- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 9.30am–6pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–6pm; Sun 9.30am–6pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
Minimalist décor showcasing single-origin espresso and filter coffee with craft and creativity.
Slightly hidden by its basement location, Lowdown is a welcome change to the café chains in the city centre. With a cool and minimal interior, the coffee is well-sourced (supplied by Bath coffee roasters Colonna) and well-brewed. A separate tea menu showcases a range of loose-leaf options from Postcard Teas. Lunch dishes are generous and packed full of great ingredients – tasty grilled sandwiches include fillings such as speck, Mull of Kintyre cheddar and sun-dried tomato on big slabs of crusty sourdough bread. Local suppliers are featured too, with soups (including a vegan option) from Union of Genius and cakes from Archipelago, just down the hill.
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chillout, accoustic.
- Capacity: 16 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2016