- Telephone 0131 221 0459
- Opening times Tue–Fri 10am–5pm; Sat & Sun 10am–8pm; Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Fri 11am–5pm; Sat 11am–11pm; Sun noon–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £9 (lunch); £36 (Sat and Sun only)
- Website www.fb.com/deadlydonuts
Marchmont café making a go of fresh, indulgently dressed doughnuts, with a chef’s touch showing through.
With the number of places serving up doughnuts as a speciality, Edinburgh seems to be experiencing a resurgence in popularity of these sugary deep-fried goods. Tucked away in Marchmont, Deadly Donuts is undoubtedly one of the leaders of this uprising, offering freshly made, high quality and rather ingenious doughnut recipes on a daily basis. Owned and managed by classically trained chef, Freddie Spindler, the selections range from classic flavours like chocolate and hazelnut, salted caramel and lemon curd to the more intriguing matcha green tea, strawberry milkshake and Oreo cookie. Though doughnuts are the primary focus, Saturday and Sunday evenings are reserved for their ‘Deadly Dinners’, which offer a regularly changing seven-course menu for a set price, with innovative dishes and superb ingredients. Delivering doughnuts by day and dinner by night, Deadly Donuts provide the best of two contrasting worlds, with great flair and creativity.
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk, disco, hip hop, house and reggae
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2015
- BYOB: (BYOB for Sat and Sun dinners)