The Spiritualist Bar & Restaurant
- Telephone 0141 248 4163
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am-midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am-10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 12–6.45pm
- Average price £13.96 (set lunch); £26 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website thespiritualistglasgow.com
Sophisticated bistro-bar with a show-stopping spirit selection that's an undeniably class act.
Miller Street has fast become a popular eating and dining strip but no one here offers as many drink choices as the Spiritualist. Pride of place in this sophisticated space of muted colours and eye-catching artworks is a glass gantry with over 320 spirit bottles neatly lining the shelves, reaching so high that the aproned bartenders need a ladder. Their flare for creativity is showcased in the inventive cocktail list, with homemade candyfloss, ice balls filled with Scottish heather smoke and even a colour-changing cocktail. The restaurant offers separate menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with ingredients sourced from Scottish suppliers, including Bernard Corrigan and Millers of Speyside. The choice of Sea & Shells is particularly impressive and the soft shell crab is beautifully crisp, complemented by a zingy salsa. Vegetarians need not despair, with sweet potato, chard and feta meeting in a luxurious lasagne.
- Private dining: Up to 8 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid back house and disco
- Live entertainment: Piano player and vocalist Fri–Sun; DJ Sat night
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: March 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best places for cocktails in Glasgow31 May 2018
From martinis to margaritas, we've rounded up some of Glasgow's best cocktail bars
There's never a wrong time for a cocktail, so we've highlighted some of Glasgow's best for you to pop in and try. Whether you're into rum, vodka, gin, tequila or all of the above, the bartenders of Glasgow will mix you up something tasty.