- Telephone 0131 228 8688
- Opening times Mon–Fri noon–3pm & 5pm–10pm.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5pm–10pm; Fri noon–3pm, 5–10.30pm; Sat noon–3.30pm, 5–10.30pm, Sun noon-10pm.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm.
- Average price Price ranges from £9– £16 depending on day/time (set lunch)
- Website www.chinaredbuffet.com
Stylish Chinese buffet restaurant with over 40 tempting dishes, offering great value in the heart of the city.
There’s only one problem with buffets and that’s knowing when to stop. China Red on Grindlay Street features bright, colourful décor and an extremely wide range of food. The two main sections in the centre of the restaurant feature traditional Chinese treats like crispy pulled pork pancakes and sesame chicken alongside more British favourites, such as chips and pizza. There really is something for everyone. The sushi bar is perhaps more refined, but if you really want to go for it then try the battered fruits dipped in syrup for dessert, or throw caution to the wind and get yourself over to the massive chocolate fondue fountain in the corner. Service is notably strong, which means as a family experience this is both easy and enjoyable.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: pop
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £13 per bottle