Obu Pan Asian
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 221 7044
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–9.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu noon–7pm; Fri noon–6pm
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.obupanasian.co.uk
Located at the eating heart of Princes Square, Obu offers food from across Asia and a comprehensive international drinks list.
Located on the top floor of Princes Square, Obu Pan Asian offers dishes inspired by Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. Choose from seats in the mall area (excellent for people watching) or through the back of the restaurant, where Vladimir Tretchikoff’s famous ‘Chinese Girl’ painting provides an eye-catching bright spot amongst the sophisticated black and dark wood décor. The street food tapas menu is excellent, offering good-value deals from lunch to pre-theatre, and includes pork or vegetable hirata buns, chicken satay skewers, slow-cooked Indonesian-style beef curry and a Thai mussel bowl allowing you to mix and match interesting flavours and textures. Two sides can replace one of the tapas selection if you’d prefer, and each beautifully presented dish uses high quality ingredients. The main menu is similarly appealing, with bigger plates like pad thai sitting alongside Malaysian fish curry and fried rice. There’s a good selection of wine, sake, cocktails and Japanese beers if you’d prefer just to enjoy a drink and watch the world go by.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Ambient, electro, pop and rock
- Capacity: 74 (34 in mall area]
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle