All-you-can-eat pan-Asian cuisine conveyor-belted to your seat.
China Red is a little out of the way from town. But if you live in the area or need somewhere to eat before or after visiting the Corn Exchange, it’s a handy place to keep up your sleeve. Food is all served on an air-conditioned, double-decker conveyor belt train, which offers both hot and cold Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Korean dishes. Sweet and sour chicken hits the spot, the noodles are well-seasoned and the sesame prawn toast stays crispy throughout. Dessert offers a variety of options from jelly shots to coconut pudding, or you may prefer to leave room for the chocolate fondue. While the concept is fun, in practice the choice of dishes isn’t huge, particularly when it comes to vegetarian options.
- High point: Laid-back atmosphere
- Low point: Conveyor belts take patience: don't come when hangry
- Notable dish: Tasty noodles.
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: pop
- Live entertainment: Karaoke booths available upstairs
- Capacity: 108
- Largest group: 65
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £13 per bottle