- Telephone 0131 629 7868
- Opening times Tues–Sun 6pm–11pm; Tues–Fri noon–2pm; Sat–Sun noon–2.30pm; Closed Monday
- Food served Tue–Sat noon–1.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm; Sun noon–1.30pm, 5.30–9.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Sun 5.30–6.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £13
- Website navadhanya-scotland.co.uk
Indian restaurant in the heart of theatreland offers a sophisticated dining experience with an à la carte price-tag to match.
After a few years playing to an audience around Haymarket, Navadhanya has brought its modern take on Indian cuisine to the heart of Theatreland. Directly opposite the Lyceum, its waistcoated waiters pad beneath subdued lighting to talk you through a compact, imaginative menu. For dinner, you can opt for the full-blown five-course tasting menu, also available as a vegetarian option, and have it paired with wines if you desire (though sadly not with local craft beer). By day, there’s the excellent value two-course business lunch. Starters are particularly impressive, especially the tawa paneer - Indian cottage cheese marinated in ginger, on a sweet puddle of reduced beetroot, topped with coriander chutney. For mains, there are fish options including a catch of the day, dum biryani, as well as dishes like lamb malabar or jhingha courgette with meaty, perfectly cooked king prawns, both in a mild (possibly too creamy) coconut sauce.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Instrumental jazz
- Capacity: 66
- Largest group: 66
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £22.50 per bottle