- Opening times Mon–Sat 8.30am–5pm; closed Sun. Closed Sun
- Food served Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm, Sat 9am-5pm
- Average price £4.50 (lunch)
- Website www.penaglasgow.co.uk
A unique cafe experience - coffee and toasties served in a casual, cosy setting.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It would be very easy to walk past Peña without realising what you have missed, although it would be a deep shame to do so, as the compact cabin-like café that sits tucked inconspicuously down Eton Lane is an unlikely yet charming coffee spot. For the most part Peña focus their considerable energies on two principal areas – coffee and toasties. The hot sandwich varieties range from the traditional such as the Big Cheese, with red onion added to the obvious main ingredient, to the slightly more sophisticated such as the Aubi One with feta, aubergine, coriander and lemon hummus, to the surprising with the Banana Man mixing bananas with peanut butter and nutella. If you like your cafés low key and quirky, with excellent coffee, then a visit to Peña is a must.
- High point: Offers something different
- Low point: Not a very accessible building
- Notable dish: toasties
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: chilled pop
- Live entertainment: exhibitions
- Capacity: 20(4 outdoors)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0