Milk at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
- Telephone 0131 551 4490
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9am–5pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
- Website www.cafemilk.co.uk
Green Arts Initiative
Light, relaxed space for a wholesome lunch or a good coffee and a tempting cake.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The latest addition to the Milk chain, the café at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop continues their trend of popping up in unexpected places. Opened in November 2015, the café area is bright and warm, despite the sparse, slightly industrial surroundings. Milk regulars will recognise hearty and appetising choices from their seasonal menus, like a breakfast burrito with chorizo and scrambled eggs or a chicken wrap with a well-balanced sweet/savoury peanut sauce, while feta, kale, pea and broccoli fritters are fresh and flavoursome in a sandwich or a salad. The outside space lends itself well to a summer pit-stop and passing walkers and cyclists from the Newhaven cycle path often stop to refuel with a coffee and a bit of gooey hazelnut and chocolate brownie – less virtuous than the rest of the menu perhaps, but a welcome boost for the energy levels.
- High point: Healthy, tasty dishes made fresh
- Low point: Dog walkers can’t bring canine companions inside
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: background/chilled
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2015