Milk at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
Modern and spacious café within Newhaven's Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop serving nutritious breakfasts and lunches for every dietary requirement.
Hidden off the old railway path in a largely residential area of Newhaven, the bright and spacious Milk at the Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop is a foodie destination off the beaten track. Breakfasts feature a veggie plate with delicious spiced tofu, or smashed avocado on toast which comes crowned with a delightfully oozing poached egg. Lunch is focused around sandwiches, salads and soups, with a focus on vegetarian and vegan options. Delicately fried carrot and halloumi fritters top a plate of crunchy greens, while Asian chicken wrap is packed with umami flavour and the slightest hint of chilli heat from the crunchy kimchi. Finally, the cakes are a feast, particularly a moist and springy raspberry and blackberry sponge that doesn’t skimp on the fresh fruit inside.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Unobtrusive chilled dance
- Live entertainment: Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop gallery and related events.
- Capacity: 40 (60 outdoors)
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £19 per bottle