James Chapman Butchers
A family butcher established in 1893 with five shops across Wishaw, Carluke, Motherwell and Cleland, selling meat from the their own abattoir and pies from their own bakehouse.
A family butcher established by James Chapman in 1893, his great-grandson and daughter James and Deirdre Chapman now run five shops across Wishaw, Carluke, Motherwell and Cleland, served with meat from the their own abattoir. The flagship store in Wishaw has the largest selection, but all stock beef from the family’s cattle farm, with lamb and pork sourced from Scotland and the north of England. Wishaw also has a larger selection of deli foods, including cooked meats, salads and a couple of cheeses, with a more limited selection across the smaller shops. Freshly made pies, sausages, haggis, puddings and sweet baking are distributed from their factory, and they cure their own bacon. The shop on Wishaw’s Main Street also sells takeaway sandwiches and snacks.