- Telephone 0141 258 4799
- Seasonal times Winter 8am–9pm
- Food served Mon-Sun 8am-10pm
- Average price £8.50 (lunch); £8.50 (evening meal)
Quirky, continental-style all-day café with a taste for vintage and upcycling, serving up pastries, sandwiches and plenty of cakes.
Although alluring from the outside, Kothel’s interior is just as captivating, with mismatched upcycled chairs, tweed cushions scattered along the big windows, volumes of ancient, dog-eared hardback books, stacks of old suitcases, and an ancient old silver till, being just a few of the antiques which add to the extra-strong vintage vibe. The counter is stacked with focaccias, ciabattas and other breads – which are freshly baked at sister restaurant Pianola – and big slabs of gorgeous cakes, which tempt you from the corner of your eye. The menu follows a loose Mediterranean theme, featuring antipasti and salads, sandwiches such as halloumi with grilled vegetables and hummus, and hot dishes such as lasagne or moussaka. Kothel is also a deli, with a selection of European wines and foods to take away.
- High point: Stacked full of incredible antiques
- Low point: High pitched jazz sax twists into your brain like a corkscrew
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: High pitched jazz
- Capacity: 33 (plus 33 outdoor seats which are available all year)