DogHouse Merchant City
- Telephone 0141 552 6363
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am-midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri 11am–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm
- Average price £8 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.brewdog.com/bars/…
Brewdog brings us DogHouse, with a huge selection of craft beer and meats of many flavours in a canteen-style set up.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Upon entering this latest instalment in Brewdog’s burgeoning brand, it won’t take long to realise that DogHouse is an establishment determined to do things rather differently than most other bars. The dedication to beer is staggering as options on their taster menu change on a daily basis. While Punk IPA is a quality house beer, staff here aren’t precious about their brand as the adjoining bottle shop testifies by offering over 250 different varieties – which you can purchase and drink on-site. Where things get really distinct, however, is with the canteen-style kitchen where patrons line up for a quarter or half pound of sticky pulled pork or a rack of baby back ribs – the Trinity Sampler (ribs, pork, beef) might seem a bit pricey at £14.95 but it is truly worth an attempt. If pairing food and craft beer is your thing then DogHouse is certainly man’s best friend.
- High point: The choice of beer is massive
- Low point: Seating is not built for comfort
- Notable dish: Trinity Sampler
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soft Rock
- Live entertainment: DJ on Sunday 1-5pm
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Say It Ain't Sew
Cross-stitch craft with cool projects and added cocktails. Remember that knitting under the influence of mojitos can lead to serious abuse of wool.