This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 667 7001
- Seasonal times Late opening during Festival
- Food served Mon–Fri 11.30am–10.30pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10.30pm.
- Average price £12.50 (lunch); £12.50 (evening meal)
Casual communal dining in smart stripped back interior with an appealing array of small plates and carefully crafted pizzas.
Emerging from a restaurant stable of pedigree, WildManWood strides out as a stylish social dining thoroughbred. Long communal benches stretch past sit-up window seats in an effortlessly well-dressed room of cool dark tones, quirky touches, funky tunes and minimalist chic. Carefully composed cocktails and a handful of beers come well matched to an appealing array of small plates and a selection of expertly crafted pizzas. Pork, chilli and fennel meatballs appear from a skilful open kitchen, alongside caramelised pork belly with hazelnuts and popular plates of crispy squid and whitebait. A hint of tarragon elevates a delightful beetroot, walnut and goat’s cheese salad, while sobrasada sausage and mushroom or creamy smooth burrata and potato adorn reassuringly thin pizzas. A chilled-out front of house delivers weekend brunch sourdough topped with avocado, peppers and lime, with all roads ultimately leading to the hard-to-resist dessert pizzetta, smothered in nutella. With its recently re-booted menu heralding a more rounded offer, Malcolm Innes' latest creation is now delivering no booking, casual dining at its finest.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky soundtrack
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £14.80 per bottle