Prep Fitness Kitchen
- Telephone 0141 332 3763
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–11pm
- Bar open Mon–Fri 7.30am–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11.30am–8pm
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–9pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11.30am–8pm
- Average price (set lunch); £10.50 (evening meal)
- Website prepfitnesskitchen.co.uk
Glasgow’s first paleo cafe, with an appealing menu where even pancakes are a healthy choice.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Genuinely exciting healthy food and juices, with a promising concept cooked up by two fitness fanatics, Prep’s mission is to provide healthy choices for those on the go – and having already adjusted opening times to provide for morning workouts, they clearly know their clientele. From menus that tell you the protein content of your meal to paleo favourites such as sweet potatoes and egg-white omelettes, there is a clear focus throughout on food as fuel. That said, one of the nicest things about Prep Kitchen is that it isn’t elitist; not everyone eating here is a bodybuilder or athlete – even though they might be enjoying a fresh juice such as 50 Shades of Green with avocado, kale, spinach, apple and ginger. For a substantial meal, tuck into champion choices such as smashed avocado and poached eggs on sourdough and protein pancakes for the indulgent side of healthy eating.
- High point: Appealing menus for both the health-conscious and the less bothered
- Low point: Slightly confusing times for hot meals
- Notable dish: Protein pancakes
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spotify playlists, deep house
- Capacity: 50
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £14.25 per bottle