Rawlings Love to Eat
- Telephone 0141 810 1298
- Food served Tue 9am–5pm; Wed–Fri 9am–7.30pm; Sat 10am–7.30pm; Sun 10am–4pm. Closed Mon. Closed Mon
- Average price £6.50 (set lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price Afternoon tea 2pm and 4pm daily for £14.95 per person
- Website www.rawlings-lovetoeat.co.uk
A family-run café-bistro serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, along with an à la carte menu in the evening.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Rawlings is a friendly, family-run affair with lots to offer. On one side of the space is a café with high-backed tweed banquettes where you can happily while a way a morning or afternoon with a coffee and a slice of tablet cheesecake. On the other side is a larger restaurant serving omelettes, poached eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast, as well as salads, sandwiches and burgers at lunchtime. On the street-food menu expect guilty pleasures such as poutine-esque ‘disco fries’ piled with pulled pork, cheddar cheese, chipotle sauce and peppers. Smaller plates include haggis bon-bons served with whisky sauce, tempura seafood and wasabi mayo, or ground chicken lettuce wraps with sesame seeds, micro-herbs and a hint of lemongrass. Staff are both personable and hospitable – making that morning breakfast roll, late afternoon tea, or early evening dinner that little bit special.
- High point: Good spot to eat at most times of the day
- Low point: You'll be hard-pressed to manage any cake
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: Functions available for up to 50
- Open since: 2014
- BYOB: £2 wine, 50p beer, £5 sparkling corkage