- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9am–5pm
- Average price £6.50 (lunch)
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Health-conscious and/or vegetarian coffee aficionados will most likely adore newcomer Meadow Road. It’s slightly off the beaten track for this sort of place, but has all the hallmarks of a good indie café in Glasgow – quirky and inviting décor, skilfully brewed Dear Green coffee, gluten-free bakes and freshly prepared lunches that won’t break the bank. Highly Instagramable dishes such as their Meadow Road eggs come with perfectly poached egg coating smoked salmon and avocado, matching the pretty coffees in content and appearance. The surroundings aren’t bad either, and customers can enjoy a clear view of Dumbarton Road through floor-to-ceiling windows. The only seating available face the counter and windows, so diners hoping to eat in larger groups or nosey at the café’s comings and goings will be disappointed – a small complaint given the quality of what’s on offer at this café in its infancy.
- High point: Food and drink equally accomplished
- Low point: Isolating seating arrangement
- Notable dish: Meadow road eggs
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: ambient
- Capacity: 10
- Open since: 2016