- Telephone 0141 248 1210
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–3pm
- Average price £4.50 (set lunch)
- Website www.pieceglasgow.com
Artful sandwiches from one of the city’s most popular teams, served quickly and daintily alongside their own coffee and great cakes.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Piece’s city centre takeaway spot – no seats – has all the class and sandwich know-how of the West End original, with some canny details unique to this site. The blackboard displays most of the Piece gamut including classics such as the chicken ole (manchego, chorizo and salsa) and a vibrant, crunchy bahn mi. Alternatively, one can choose two ‘small pieces’ from an exciting, changing daily range – such as properly spicy pulled pork, nicely rugged beef and cambozola cheese. All the meats, sauces et al are prepared at Piece’s Ibrox kitchen and that homemade freshness comes through, right down to the crunch of the coleslaw or the sweetness of the peppers. Two soups and a few cakes, including their insatiably popular brownie, are on the counter, too.
- High point: Brilliant service
- Low point: Takeaway only
- Notable dish: Pulled pork baguette
- Delivery: local offices and catering
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Radio & Spotify
- Open since: 2014