- Telephone 0141 946 9456
- Bar open Sun–Sat 11am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm
- Average price £6.50 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
Part of the Kained Holdings portfolio of bars and restaurants dishing up rotisserie chicken and tank beer, with a gigantic beer garden.
When the sequel came out, it was impressive how well the cast of Trainspotting had all aged. Alas, Crosslands, the Maryhill bar with the balcony from which Begbie famously flung his chaotic pint, wasn’t growing old so gracefully. The Kelbourne Saint is its shiny new identity. Owners Kained Holdings lend a steady hand to their units, with the group’s specially brewed Apache lager (by WEST) exclusively available here in tank form, for optimum freshness. The tank’s copper sheen blends in with the overall ‘bar-brasserie’ feel of the place. Rotisserie chicken is the main focus of the food, with collard greens and mashed potato reiterating the homestyle choices they’ve made. Everything is enjoyable, though the roast chicken perhaps lacks the fullness of flavour that its provenance and brining promises. But with a gigantic big beer garden and plans for music events and barbecues in the summer, and some student friendly burger deals too, this place generally plays its hand pretty well.
- High point: The beer garden
- Low point: Struggles for atmosphere when quiet
- Notable dish: Apache pilsner brined chicken
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: classic rock, soul, blues, country
- Live entertainment: Thu: acoustic night; Sat: live bands; Sun: folk session
- Capacity: 75 (56 outdoors)
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 18
- House wine: £15 per bottle
20% Off Your Food Bill at The Drugstore Social and The Kelbourne Saint in Glasgow
You can get 20% off your bill at The Drugstore Social and The Kelbourne Saint in Glasgow from now until Dec 2017.