- Telephone 0141 334 7799
- Food served Mon-Sun 11am-10pm
- Average price Monday - Friday, 1 course £5 (set lunch); £9 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
Neighbourhood diner serving up some generous slices of traditional Americana.
Its location at Broomhill Shopping Centre means that Po’Boyz is at a remove from the prime-time dining spots in the city, yet this American-diner certainly seems to have established a captive, residential audience. The name is derived from the contraction of ‘Poor Boy’ in the American south and details a warming tale of two restaurant owners who served former colleagues free sandwiches. Their speciality is Po’Boyz; big, bruising sandwiches filled with braised meats such as brisket or pulled pork. While the premise is southern soul food, much of the menu is textbook Americana (burgers, shakes, hot dogs) all of which is done well and served in plentiful amounts.
- High point: Super spicy chicken wings
- Low point: Lacking atmosphere on midweek lunch visit
- Notable dish: Brisket Po'Boyz
Delicious American pizzas, succulent burgers, slow cooked chicken and hot dogs all in one place. Try their tasty Beef Brisket Po'Boyz!
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo, JustEat, HungryHouse
- Provides: Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 30