- Telephone 01315381215
- Opening times Sun 3–10.30pm; Mon & Wed noon–10.30pm; Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight. Closed Tue.
- Bar open Sun 3–10.30pm; Mon & Wed noon–10.30pm; Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight. Closed Tue.
- Food served Sun/Mon & Wed/Thu 3–9.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–10.30pm. Closed Tue.
- Website www.weebuddha.co.uk
Relaxed pub with pan-Asian tapas and a well-curated selection of craft beers and wines by the glass.
On a cobbled side street where the New Town borders Stockbridge, you’ll find a cosy bar and restaurant worthy of a session or two. The space is inviting with chunky wooden tables, brick walls, exposed lighting and stacks of board games waiting to be played. The tapas-style menu encourages all-day grazing and pairing with original cocktails. There’s a well-endowed wine list of 17 by the glass or bottle and a large collection of international beers including gluten-free offerings from Bellfield Brewery. Regulars flock back for the salt and chilli squid which is lightly fried and aromatically spiced. Veggie haggis wontons are generous in size, flavour, and crunch. In contrast, the pork belly is soft, sticky and too modest a portion for something so tasty. There's a small selection of larger dishes that can be customised with your choice of veg, meat, and sauce as well as ever-changing specials. Ice-cream or sorbet are the only desserts on offer, but when they come from Scottish ice-cream kings Equi’s who needs more?
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic staff playlist
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- House wine: £17.90 per bottle