Brew Box Coffee Company
- Food served Mon–Fri 8.45am–4pm; Sat 10.30am–5pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £5 (set lunch)
Glasgow's first micro-café does elegant and healthy options with consideration for both customers and the environment.
There are lots of cool things about Brew Box Coffee, starting with an address beginning ‘The Tardis, Wilson St …’. From this old police box in the Merchant City, owner Laura Cameron offers lunchtime workers and passers-by a hot option (always vegan) and a choice of two sandwiches (one always veggie). Everything feels healthy, from a chickpea and wholewheat noodle soup with Persian herbs, to a growling laksa ‘pot noodle’ packed with beansprouts, coriander and black sesame seeds. It’s simple, lovely stuff. The menu changes every three days and comes full circle every four weeks. Brew Box make a real effort to keep packaging and waste to a minimum, and to engage their regulars, too, with a ‘loyalty app’ that updates with the new menu, and snazzily accrues rewards.
- High point: Like the hashtag says – small place, big taste
- Low point: So small that it's hard to cater for dietary needs
- Notable dish: Vegan laksa 'pot noodle'
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 0
- Open since: 2016