Contemporary, vibrant and fun subcontinental takeaway
The name suggests an ambition to cash in on the street food trends that seem to sweeping the western world, but – despite a small street food section on the menu – Slumdog largely sticks to the tried and tested curried favourites. What elevates it from the herd is the freshness of the options across the board and, for carnivores, the dishes from the charcoal tandoor are also well worth investigation. It also boasts impressively smooth packaging and spotless service – don’t be surprised if you get a phonecall to check if everything was up to speed.
- High point: Undoubtedly the slickest subcontinental in town
- Low point: Not the world’s most mouth-watering name
- Notable dish: Railway lamb curry
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Free wi-fi