Marchmont café with a bright, fresh interior showcasing strong breakfast and brunch choices and an appealing dinner menu.
A bright, refreshing interior of calming blues and off-whites makes for a relaxing spot in Marchmont. Featuring local produce, the Birchwood’s brunch menu is comprehensive: expect eggs done every which way, waffles, homemade granola, porridge and more. For lunch choose from open sandwiches, homemade soup and a daily savoury tart and fresh salad. The counter showcases in-house baking (including plenty of gluten-free options) and as Blackford Hill is nearby, you can always convince yourself you’ll burn it off later. A handsome slice of raspberry and white chocolate cake, with light sponge interlaced with fresh raspberries, topped with white chocolate butter cream icing and white chocolate pearls, is any cake lover’s dream. The full-bodied cappuccino is made with Mr Eion’s locally roasted beans and there’s a range of loose-leaf Pekoe teas too. Most certainly worth a visit if you’re in the neighbourhood.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown/soul/70s/80s classics
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: August 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle
- BYOB: £4 corkage (Wine only)