- Telephone 0131 466 9992
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–5pm.
- Seasonal times Mon/Sun 11–8pm; dates tbc
- Food served Tues–Sun 11am–5pm; closed Mon.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
The latest addition to Bruntsfield; small contemporary café specialising in savoury cheese and sweet Nutella-filled melts.
Think cheese. Lots of gooey mature cheddar and gruyère, oozing out of fresh sourdough bread. Meltmongers is serious about all things melted. With a minimalist interior and only eighteen covers, this American-inspired cafe keeps proceedings intimate and incredibly friendly. The grilled cheese concept evolves: from the cheddar-filled classic; to melts crammed with brie and caramelised onions; and lemony grilled chicken and Jarlsberg. Plans are in place to introduce a breakfast menu, and their range of fried desserts feature the meltmallow: a Nutella, banana and marshmallow sandwich of dreams. These can be washed down with Hershey's chocolate milk and Karma Cola’s Fairtrade sodas.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Everything, mainly acoustic.
- Capacity: 18
- Open since: 2015