- Telephone 0141 221 6272
- Opening times Mon–Fri 10am–11pm; Sat & Sun 9am–10.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–11pm; Sat 9am–11pm; Sun 9am–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–6.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website www.caurestaurants.com
CAU specialises in Argentine steaks, served in a relaxed and casual, yet stylish and sleek dining room.
Ultra-contemporary, on-trend design features and vast floor-to-ceiling windows, literally make CAU a place to be seen in. Some design elements such as big, sleek, metallic lampshades are impressive; however, others, such as shiny plastic chairs or photographic wall panels of sky and grass, slightly cheapen the otherwise impressive restaurant. Bringing Argentinian steaks to a country that produces some of the best beef in the world is bold – however, CAU’s variety of 30-day aged steaks do have exceptional flavour. The steaks come with chips and sauce, but if you have room order a little pot of truffled mac and cheese, which is luscious. And you’ll definitely want to try the selected Argentine wines. The speciality cuts come with lofty prices – but as they all start at a whopping 400 grams and are incredibly succulent, juicy and flavoursome, they are worth the stretch. Other mains include burgers, sandwiches, and a handful of token offerings for non-beef eaters. Starters include crispy tempura pork belly or smoked beef, which is smoky and rich, with a deliciously creamy wasabi mayonnaise. Desserts are just as indulgent.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Upbeat and lively pop, house and Latin beats
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle