Atlantic Bar & Brasserie
- Telephone 0141 221 0220
- Bar open Mon–Thu & Sun noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun 12.30–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–6pm
- Average price £14.95 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.atlanticbrasserie.co.uk
French restaurant featuring elegant, vintage-inspired interiors and a capacious menu.
Counting Italian, Spanish, seafood and now French restaurants within their repertoire, the Di Maggios group have successfully diversified into a range of cuisines.On arrival at their sub-street level French contingent, the eye is drawn to the large open kitchen towards the back where rotisserie chickens can be seen revolving on a spit – a popular and tasty main, served whole to share or half to yourself, with a choice of béarnaise sauce, smoked hickory or simply chicken juices. Three side dishes accompany such as sautéed peas and gem lettuce with smoked pancetta, buttered baby spinach and duck fat roast potatoes. Starters may include goat’s cheese, snails or mussels – plump and fresh though a salty sauce of white wine, garlic and cream rather overpowers the delicate meat. Elsewhere, expect duck á l’orange, beef bourguinon and an enjoyable bouillabaisse with soft white fish cooked in a pernod and saffron broth, potato gnocchi adds an unusual texture to the famous dish. To the right of the entrance a long ornate bar serves a mix of classic and contemporary cocktails, an ideal place for an after-dinner aperitif.
- High point: Luxurious surroundings to enjoy great chicken
- Low point: Menu could do with streamlining
- Notable dish: Rotisserie Chicken with jus
- Private dining: Up to 34 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Live entertainment: Saturday - 3.30-5.30pm, saxophonist
- Capacity: 124
- Largest group: 34
- Open since: November 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Win a pair of VIP tickets to Cocktails in the City
Win VIP tickets to Cocktails in the City Glasgow 25 Aug, and a drink at every Cocktails in the City participating bar within six months after the event, with The List.