Atlantic Bar & Brasserie
- Telephone 0141 221 0220
- Bar open Mon–Thu & Sun noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun 12.30–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–6pm
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.atlanticbrasserie.co.uk
French restaurant featuring elegant, vintage-inspired interiors and a capacious menu.
Clever soft lighting evokes a sense of cosiness in this sprawling city centre basement venue. A large open kitchen dominates the back wall releasing tempting aromas around the stylish room, which is dressed in creamy tones with plush red velvet seating and art deco flourishes. Menus are varied and allergy friendly (hover over dish titles online to see a full list of ingredients for each item). Plump Shetland mussels make a pleasant starter, singing with flavour in a pungent wine and cream broth accompanied by a hearty chunk of garlic bread for dunking. Elsewhere, slow-cooked pork belly in a honey-tinged buttery glaze is boosted by some rich savoury touches including fragrant herby stuffing, soft beans and chunks of Toulouse sausage scattering aniseed highlights around the sauce. From the rotisserie, a crispy, blackened half chicken is moist and juicy with shades of lemon, served with a choice of sauces and firm roasted veg. Always busy and deservedly so, Atlantic Brasserie’s seasoned kitchen, professional service, calm atmosphere and spectacularly swish bar area combine to create a luxurious setting for some accomplished cooking.
- Private dining: Up to 34 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 124
- Largest group: 34
- Open since: November 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle