Makers of healthy, raw, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free cakes and other treats. Their 'naked' cafe also serves up brunch, lunch and breakfast dishes.
Combining his passion for health and baking, owner Lewis Gill began selling raw vegan cakes at various Edinburgh markets, before opening this small Haymarket café which also offers hot and cold fast food. Featuring simple white-tiled walls and green plants, the venue reflects the clean and healthy food made from natural whole ingredients. The all-day breakfast/brunch menu features protein pancakes and smoothie bowls, while lunch offers baked sweet potatoes or boxes with meat/veggie/fish options, and daily soups. A warming soup of shredded chicken and sweet potato is satisfyingly, thanks to a touch of chilli and homemade stock. The hard-to-resist cakes take pride of place at the counter, with clean lines and beautiful finishes. Vanilla fudge and hazelnut 'cheesecake', featuring a cashew-based filling on a nutty base, sweetened with pure maple syrup, tastes as good as it looks.
- High point: Soup made with homemade stock
- Low point: No dressing on the salmon health box
- Notable dish: Chicken and sweet potato soup
- Delivery: Deliveroo during the day
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Relaxed, chilled music
- Capacity: 10–12
- Open since: 2016