- Telephone 0141 230 9471
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–10pm; Sun 8am–8pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch); £7 (evening meal)
- Website www.roastersdeli.com
Small in stature but hugely ambitious, this diner in Partick Subway brings a bit of NYC to SPT.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
A plucky new offshoot of the TriBeCa operation, snuggled into the glass façade of Partick Subway, Roaster’s is ideally placed to lure commuters, locals and Morrison supermarket shoppers to a fun reimagining of the NYC diner experience. No bright vinyl booths here, just shoogly tables and wooden chairs, but the preparation and execution of hearty American classics is wholly authentic. The devil is in the detail: proper burger buns locally baked to Roaster’s own recipe; homemade pulled pork; 10-hour slow-cooked beef; and a signature smoked pastrami worthy of the best New York delis (it takes three weeks to prepare). Blue moon burger has a thick, perfectly seasoned steak patty lined with wilted spinach and topped with blue cheese, bacon and sweet caramelised onions, while beef dip sandwich comes on a long brioche (meat juice-dipped) bun, dripping with onions cheese and mustard. The open kitchen also does specialist breakfasts like brioche French toast, omelettes, a vast array of buttermilk pancakes, plus poutine – a Canadian speciality of cheesy chips smothered in gravy that no self-respecting Glaswegian could spurn.
- High point: Authentic New York breakfasts worth missing the train for
- Low point: Compact and bijou
- Notable dish: Buttermilk pancakes
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Modern pop/Americana
- Capacity: 20 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2015
- BYOB: £1 corkage