Upscale pub grub and craft beers at JJ Burnet’s handsome, category B-listed former Kelvinside railway station building.
Situated in the former Kelvinside Station, 1051 GWR is local through and through, and is worth having on your radar if you’re in the area, or just happen to be passing. The spacious restaurant has both traditional and modern elements to its décor plus a large outdoor patio for al fresco dining. On the menu, the star of the show is its prominent selection of steaks including a chateaubriand choice and a mixed grill speciality. The featherblade steak is a solid choice with a fired-up exterior and soft middle, or the equally good GWR Angus Burger served with crispy beef-dripping chips. Elsewhere on the menu, there is a variety of mains from all around the world, from pizza to your usual pub fodder. The ingredients are restaurant standard served in a relaxed bar atmosphere with courteous service. To add to its wholesome vibe, all bread is baked in-house and you can buy it to order. It’s the kind of place you would feel relaxed enough to take the whole family to, or where you might pop in for a beer by the fire.
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chart playlist.
- Capacity: 99
- Largest group: 100 upstairs in function suite; 40 downstairs
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £17.25 per bottle