Mary King's Coffee House
- Telephone 0131 225 0672
- Opening times Mon–Sun 9am–5pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–4pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
- Website www.realmarykingsclose.com/coffee-house-gift-shop/…
This coffee house is part of the historic Edinburgh City Chambers building, complete with impressive wood-panelling and ornate plasterwork.
Next door to the City Chambers in a historic courtyard within The Real Mary King’s Close, this wee coffee shop isn't immediately obvious – but keep going through the Gift Shop and neat table and chairs await in this handsome building. Formerly the Royal Exchange Coffee House, a new streamlined menu takes effect from April 2017. Expect simple, reliable options like soup, sandwiches, rolls and baked potatoes together with a selection of cakes and Brodies Fairtrade tea and coffee. With a focus on locally sourced produce there is alos a champagne afternoon tea option available.
- High point: Excellent gift shop shares same site
- Low point: A wee bit tricky to find
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 34
- Largest group: 34
- Open since: 2015