- Telephone 07772077920
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6pm.
- Website themilkman.coffee
Tiny wee pitstop coffee shop with excellent coffee and charming service.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
You’d be forgiven for not noticing the Milkman at first glance. Nestled away at the bottom of Cockburn Street, it’s Tom Thumb-tiny but well worth seeking out. The décor is rustic and chic: all exposed brickwork and wooden tables (the few that there are, but you’ve got that it’s tiny, right?) and the coffee bar takes centre stage. At the moment, the menu is mostly pastries and cakes (the raspberry brownie in particular is worth a try), but there is also a range of savoury croissants if you are after a light bite for lunch. Big plans are in place though: the owner plans to add a range of soups and sandwiches to the menu. The coffee here is top-rate, and the baristas all well-trained in the art of caffeine. This place may be small but it is mighty alright.
- High point: Excellent flat whites
- Low point: You may have to battle for a table at busy times
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative folk
- Live entertainment: Live acts during festival, more planned for 2017
- Capacity: 14
- Open since: 2015