Leo & Ted
This restaurant has ceased trading.
Smart little café serving a range of UK roasted coffees and delicious cakes, minus much of the gluten.
Leo & Ted is the smallest of the Leo’s Beanery bunch, which now includes the larger café in the New Town and the Dovecot gallery café. But though it be but small, it is mighty; almost all the cakes (many gluten-free) are baked here at Ted’s bakehouse. It’s a cosy, hip little place with all the reclaimed accents hand-crafted by the owners – the slate counter came from an old pool table and the drinks menu from a salvaged window. On offer all day is a choice of breakfast bagels, courtesy of the Bearded Baker, fresh scones, and filled croissants. At lunch they up the ante with two more filled bagels and a choice of soup. Coffee is paramount with the exclusive ‘Leo’s blend’ roasted by Hands On Coffee in Cornwall in one hopper and a guest roast in the other.
- High point: Distinctive coffee roasts from across the UK
- Low point: Most of the seats are stools at high tables which may not work for everyone
- Notable dish: Breakfast bagels
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs
- Music on stereo: Staff Spotify mix
- Capacity: 18
- Largest group: 6
- Open since: 2015