Bread Meats Bread
Trendy gourmet burger joint offering towering burger creations made with locally sourced beef.
In the heart of Edinburgh’s West End, Bread Meats Bread is a veritable hive of activity. Its smart, modern interior seems to be designed to accommodate as many diners as possible and the turnaround of tables is swift and efficient. The burgers are absolutely loaded with flavour. Their signature dish, the Lothian Wolf, combines beef, cheese, bacon and pulled pork with barbecue sauce, onions, nduja (spicy sausage) with sriracha mayo – a collision of flavours which might be a bit too meaty for some. The Cali Burger comes in a variety of sizes and multiple beef patties; it’s a teetering construction which not even a toothpick can stabilise (instead it’s securely bound in a wrapper). There’s an interesting array of side dishes, notably hot buffalo fries and poutine (chips, curds and gravy), both of which are best enjoyed while they’re fresh from the kitchen. The dessert options are in constant flux but, if you can, try one of their exquisite milkshakes. If you don’t like to queue then get there early – the restaurant doesn’t take bookings.
- High point: A vast and original selection of side dishes
- Low point: You'll need a lot of napkins to mop up the grease
- Notable dish: Lothian Wolf
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: No bookings
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14 per bottle