Bread Meats Bread
- Telephone 0131 225 3000
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–10pm; Sun noon–8pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am-10pm; Sun 11am–8pm.
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website breadmeatsbread.com
Trendy gourmet burger joint offering towering burger creations using locally sourced beef.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Bread Meats Bread on Lothian Road, next to the Filmhouse, is the latest in a string of gourmet burger joints taking Edinburgh by storm. The interior is smart, modern and filled with copper lights and lightbulb signs, creating a young, trendy feel. The restaurant audibly bustles (this isn't a good place to come for a quiet chat) as steam rises from the open-plan kitchen and groups laugh and catch up over a tasty bite to eat. There's a smart nod to Edinburgh here with the burger names ranging from Sunshine on Beef to the epic Lothian Wolf with cheese, bacon and the gorgeous pulled-pork topping rising high above the locally sourced beef. For sides, there's a hefty selection from buffalo fries to squeaky fried cheese or classic poutine (chips, cheese curds and gravy) which come in generous portions, so don’t over-order. The restaurant doesn't take bookings and does get busy but the service is swift so you shouldn't have to wait too long to grab a table and tuck in.
- High point: The incredible burger toppings
- Low point: Tables are packed together
- Notable dish: Lothian Wolf burger
- Delivery: Deliveroo launching soon
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock/pop mix
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: Don't take bookings
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14 per bottle