- Telephone 0131 218 1818
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–9pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–9pm; Fri noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm: Sat noon–2.30pm, 5–11pm; Sun noon–6pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 5–6.30pm.
- Pre-theatre price 2 course £15.50 and 3 course £21.50
- Website dineedinburgh.co.uk
Elegant theatreland brasserie, with a great cocktail lounge bar and appealing lunch and pre-theatre options.
Dine is an elegant first-floor brasserie, perched above the Traverse in the heart of theatreland. A stylish lounge bar with sink-in leather sofas showcases a strong wine list and great-value classic cocktails. Lindisfarne oysters kick off an appealing à la carte menu that changes with the seasons and runs from lunch to dinner in this contemporary, tastefully lit room. Pan-fried duck breast arrives drizzled with honey harvested from beehives on the roof of the neighbouring Lyceum Theatre, and dressed with red cabbage purée and light spring greens. Pretty-in-pink roast quail nestles in spiced Puy lentils and butternut squash, while john dory is paired with sea vegetables and sweet and sour grapes. A stripped-back market menu offering lunch and pre-theatre options features the likes of sea bass fillet with artichoke purée or haggis with root vegetable crisps and red wine jus. There are popular 'dine with wine' deals at the weekend, and a ground-level champagne terrace when weather permits, in a venue that works hard to please its audience.
A new benchmark in the city, introducing a fresh, relaxed brasserie-style dining and drinking venue, featuring Edinburgh’s first dedicated 30-seat champagne lounge in the city centre. Brought to you by Stuart Muir, former executive chef of Forth Floor Restaurant Harvey Nichols Edinburgh and his business partner, hospitality entrepreneur Paul Brennan.
The 80-cover brasserie is a stylish space for morning meetings and business lunches, vibrant pre-theatre dinners and leisurely brunches, with an extended Sunday brunch menu enjoyed to the soundtrack of live jazz.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Endless variations to suit customer mix and time of day
- Live entertainment: Occasional events – dinner and performer
- Capacity: 64-80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £19.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best restaurants in Edinburgh for good pre-theatre deals31 May 2018
Where to head if you're looking for a good feed before a show
Whether you're after a quick bite or a more lavish pre-show meal, there are restaurants in Edinburgh of all cuisines with good, affordable menus to fill you up before you head to the theatre.
Christmas Food Q&A: Stuart Muir – Dine with Stuart Muir27 Nov 2015
Executive chef Stuart Muir shares his love of the great Brussel sprout
A great place to start is to surprise with sides. There’s no Christmas dinner without Brussels and the perfect accompaniment to your show-stopping turkey are gently roasted Brussels sprouts in sage and onion butter, sprinkled with garlic crisps for…